For sale a Casati Monza with a 58cm Columbus Cromor frame and Cromor forks. The 14 speed bike is a fantastic colour and was varnished by Dossena Carlo, an Italian artisan bicycle frame painter. The bike is from the late 90’s and in great overall condition although there are some blemishes on the chrome and some scratch marks on the seat stays. The bike is stunning to look at and has a top quality list of Campagnolo components as seen below.
- Campagnolo Record headset
- Campagnolo Avanti break/gear levers
- Campagnolo Athena brakes
- Campagnolo Athena crankset
- Campagnolo Athena front derailleur
- Campagnolo Athena derailleur
- Rear wheel – Campagnolo hub
- Rear wheel – Campagnolo Zonda rim
- Front wheel – Campagnolo hub
- Front wheel – Rigida rim
- Selle Italia Trimatic saddle
- 3ttt stem
- 3ttt Competizione bars
The bar tape in the images has been replaced. See latest pics in the photo gallery.
Casati was started after World War One by Pietro Casati a young racer who was inspired by the heroes who raced in the Paris Roubaix, the Tour de France and the Giro d’Italia. As of 1996, Casati was producing around 1250 frames per year, 90% of which were custom fitted to clients. The frames were available from sizes 49cm to 70cm, even offered in half-sizes.
There is a strange translated from Italian history here.
— spasy paddy (@spasypaddy) September 24, 2014