A number of our customers are specifically looking for bikes that comply with regulations for vintage cycle races like the “L’Eroica”.
“L’Eroica” bicycles have the following characteristics:
- Steel framed road racing bikes built before 1987 (aluminium Alan or Vitus with either screwed or glued joints are permitted)
- Gear shift levers on the down tube (exceptionally, only pre-1980 bar-end gear shifts are allowed)
- Pedals with toe clips and fitted straps (clipless pedals are not allowed, except Cinelli M71 pedals);
- Passage of brake cables must be outside the handlebars (the passage of cables inside the frame is acceptable)
- Wheels must have at least 32 spokes with a low profile (less than 20 mm)
Steel-frame bicycles, of new construction but with vintage characteristics, may be used (but joints must be welded in construction) and they must be assembled using vintage components (gear levers, handlebars, pedals, etc).
Both tubular and clinchers/inner-tubes are allowed, the adjustment of the rear wheel with higher gears is allowed, due to the difficulty of the course.
Exemptions regarding the type of bicycle will be granted to participants with disabilities, as long as they make a specific request to the organization.
We have a number of L’Eroica ready bikes for sale.