For sale a 1970’s 10 speed Mercier with a lightweight 57cm Reynolds 531 frame and Simplex dropouts. The bike has the original paintwork and many of the original components as listed below.
- TA crankset
- Lyotard pedals
- Simplex derailleurs
- Simplex shifters
- Mafac “Racer” brakes
- Mafac brake levers
- Belleri stem
- Phillipe Professionelle bars
- JPR seatpost
- Iscaselle Targa saddle
- Normandy hubs
- Mavic Champion du Monde rims
- Vittoria Competition tubular tyres
Mercier was a French bicycle manufacturer with a strong racing tradition. The professional cycling team of the same name promoted and raced the factory bikes with famous riders like Raymond Poulidor.
Together with bitter rival Peugeot they had a long presence in the sport and particularly in the Tour de France from 1935 until 1983. More info here.
When this bike first turned a wheel…
- The Three-Day Week officially came into force
- The Exorcist and Deliverance were a nice evening out at the movies
- “Tie A Yellow Ribbon” by Dawn was very very popular