An early 70’s 52cm Fuschia Mercier in superb condition. The bike is like new apart from where the paint has been scratched on the chainstay and also a small tear on the saddle. The bike even has the original handlebar tape. Worth mentioning is the new condition of the original MAFAC brake hoods which is very rare.
The Mercier has the following components (many of which are in NOS condition):
- Solida crankset
- Lyotard pedals
- Simplex Prestige Criterium AV 223 front derailleur
- Simplex SX rear derailleur
- Simplex Prestige shifters
- Simplex toptube cable guides
- MAFAC “Racer” centre-pull brakes
- MAFAC Course brake levers
- Stronglight headset
- ATAX stem
- Kiprim bars
- High flange Normandy hubs
- Michelin Dynamic tyres (virtually new)
Mercier was a French bicycle manufacturer with a strong racing tradition. The professional cycling team of the same name promoted and raced the factory bikes with famous riders like Raymond Poulidor.
Together with bitter rival Peugeot they had a long presence in the sport and particularly in the Tour de France from 1935 until 1983. More info here.