An early 1980’s Mercier 600 Arabesque with a 55cm Vitus frame, engraved chrome forks. The bike which is in excellent condition has a superb component list mainly comprising of the Shimano 600 Arabesque groupset. the bike also has new tyres, chain and bar tape.
- Shimano 600 Arabesque crankset
- Shimano 600 Arabesque front/rear derailleurs
- Shimano 600 Arabesque shifters
- Shimano 600 Arabesque headset
- Shimano 600 Arabesque brakes
- Shimano 600 Arabesque brake levers
- Sakae stem
- Belleri bars
- Lightweight wheels Rigida deep dish rims
- NOS Reydel saddle
- SR pedals
- Christophe toeclips and straps
- Vittoria tyres
Mercier was a French bicycle manufacturer with a strong racing tradition. The professional cycling team of the same name promoted and raced the factory bikes with famous riders like Raymond Poulidor.
Together with bitter rival Peugeot they had a long presence in the sport and particularly in the Tour de France from 1935 until 1983. More info here.
When this bike first turned a wheel…
- Britain was at war with Argentina
- Channel 4 was launched in UK
- “Come On Eileen” by Dexy’s Midnight Runners was very very popular