A beautiful early 80’s Olmo Competition in excellent original condition. The bike has a 56cm rich vibrant red Columbus SL frame with pantographed seatstay and with “OLMO” and logo in crowns. It has new campagnolo brake pads, new cables, chain and Michelin Dynamic classic tyres.
- Campagnolo Nuovo Record rear derailleur
- Campagnolo Nuovo Record front derailleur
- Campagnolo Super Record headset
- Campagnolo Super Record crankset
- Campagnolo Super Record pedals
- Christophe toe clips
- Alfredo Binda straps
- Campagnolo Super Record shifters
- Campagnolo Super Record brakes
- Campagnolo Super Record brake levers
- Campagnolo seat post
- San Marco Rolls saddle
- Cinelli stem
- Cinelli bars
- Campagnolo Record hubs
- Mavic MA40 clinchers rims
Giuseppe Olmo was born on the 22 November 1911. He was an Italian road bicycle racer, who once held the world hour record. As with many Italian bicycle racers, after his retirement in the 1930s he began building bicycles, and founded Olmo.
The Olmo Biciclette manufacturing centre was set up in his home town of Celle Ligure in 1938, where the company continues to manufacture their bicycles today. More information available here.