For sale a 1970’s Stablinski in excellent condition. The paintwork on the bike is original and the lugs have the original gold lug lining.
The bike has very high quality components as listed below.
- Crankset SR Silstar
- Dérailleurs front/rear Simplex
- Shifters Simplex
- Brakes Mafac Racer
- Blake levers Mafac
- Guid bars
- Normandy high flange hubs
- Super Champion Gentleman rims
About Jean Stablinski
Jean Stablinski was a French professional cyclist from a family of Polish immigrants. He rode from 1952 to 1968, winning 105 races as a professional. He won the national road championship four times – 1960, 1962, 1963 and 1964. However he won the world road championship in 1962 and he won the first Amstel Gold Race in 1966 and Vuelta a España in 1958.
On 7 April 2008 he was remembered by a memorial beside the Wallers-Arenberg road he had introduced to Paris–Roubaix. The memorial was made in blue limestone from Soignies by the sculptor Michel Karpovitch. More info here.
When this bike first turned a wheel…
- The Conservative Party chooses its first women leader, Margaret Thatcher
- Muhammad Ali beat Joe Fraser in the “Thriller In Manilla”
- “Bye Bye Baby” by the Bay City Rollers was very very popular
What else could I buy with the money?
3/4 of a bottle of Château Leoville-Las-Cases 2005
One (either left or right) of these comfortable trainers
Five of these black warty truffles