1970's 56cm Fuschia Mercier in excellent original condition. The bike has half chrome forks, gold pinstriped lugs and new tyres, cable and chain. It has a superb list of French components.
- Stronglight 49D crankset
- Simplex Prestige Criterium AV 223 front derailleur
- Simplex SX100 rear derailleur
- Simplex Prestige shifters
- Huret cable guides
- MAFAC “Racer” brakes
- MAFAC brake levers and hoods
- Belri bars and stem
- Normandy hubs with Mavic rims
- San Marco saddle
Mercier was a French bicycle manufacturer with a strong racing tradition. The professional cycling team of the same name promoted and raced the factory bikes with famous riders like Raymond Poulidor.
Together with bitter rival Peugeot they had a long presence in the sport and particularly in the Tour de France from 1935 until 1983. More info here.