ALAN Super Record
A 1980 59cm ALAN Super Record in excellent condition. The ALAN has an aluminium and lugged frame construction which helps make it a very light bicycle.
The bike has a superb list of mainly Campagnolo Gran Sport components.
- Campagnolo Gran Sport crankset
- Campagnolo Gran Sport pedals
- Campagnolo Gran Sport shifters
- Campagnolo Gran Sport rear derailleur
- Campagnolo Gran Sport front derailleur
- Campagnolo Gran Sport brakes
- Campagnolo Gran Sport brake levers
- Campagnolo Gran Sport hubs
- Campagnolo seat post
- Bernard Hinault Turbo saddle
- 3 ttt stem
- 3 ttt bars
ALAN was founded in 1972 by engineer Falconi Lodovico and the name originated from the names of his children Alberto (AL) and Annamaria (AN). [showhide type=”links” more_text=”..read more” less_text=”Hide the text”]
ALAN began producing racing bike frames in 1972 with the first frames being available in aluminium. The frames were constructed with a unique method by bonding tubes and lugs using a special glue which originated from the aeronautical industry. It was the first company in the world to produce aluminium and carbon frames.
Along with success in the world of road cycling ALAN has had huge success in the cyclocross world championships (20 titles) a testament to the strength of Alan equipment. More info about ALAN.